DJT Electrical Consultancy Ltd

Fire Alarm & Emergency Lighting - Installation & Commissioning.

Fire Alarms & Emergency LightingWe have a long reputed track record of designing, installing and commissioning Fire Alarm’s and Emergency Lighting  systems in the North West. We are approved to instate these systems, as well as fault find & upgrade on existing installs.



Do you require a stand-alone Fire Detection System?

In England and Wales, if you’re an employer, owner of A House of Multiple Occupancy (HMO), a landlord or occupier of a business or other non-domestic premises, you’re responsible for fire safety and are known as the ‘responsible person’. As the responsible person, there are certain things the law states that you must ensure under the Fire Safety Order, which is enforced by your local fire and rescue authority.

As the ‘responsible personyou must:

  • put in place, and maintain, adequate and appropriate fire safety measures to remove or reduce the risk to life
  • carry out and regularly review a fire risk assessment of the premises
  • tell staff and/or their representatives about the risks you’ve identified
  • provide staff information, fire safety instruction and training
  • plan for an emergency
  • all premises the public have access to
  • all workplaces and commercial premises
  • the common parts of multi-occupied residential buildings
  • Identify the fire hazards.
  • Identify people at risk.
  • Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
  • Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
  • Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly.
  • emergency routes and exits
  • fire detection and warning systems
  • fire-fighting equipment
  • the removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
  • an emergency fire evacuation plan
  • the needs of vulnerable people, eg the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
  • providing information to employees and other people on the premises
  • staff fire safety training
  • making your premises safe
  • having paying guests (eg bed and breakfast or self-catering accommodation owners)
  • fire escape facilities for disabled people
  • how to make detailed risk assessment documents for different types of premises
  • fire safety in purpose-built flats and other types of housing
  • Usually the requirement for a fire alarm is determined by a fire risk assessment or an insurance company as part of the business insurance.

The definitions of ‘Non-Domestic Premises' are:

Alterations, Extensions and New Buildings:

When building new premises or doing building work on existing premises, you must comply with building regulations. This includes designing fire safety into the proposed building or extension.

Penalties and enforcement:
You could get fined and/or go to prison if you don’t follow fire safety regulations. Local fire and rescue authorities inspect premises and can issue fire safety notices telling you about changes you might need to make to your premises.

Carrying out a ‘Fire Risk Assessment… must include:

Fire Safety Advice documents:

The Government’s has Guidance on the Fire Safety Order information, including:
A fire risk assessment should indicate all/any fire risk areas and any control measures which can be taken to reduce the risk. The control measures may include the use of manual call points or automatic detection.
If an automatic fire alarm system is called for in your Fire Risk Assessment then a system category should be stipulated These would be designation as L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, P1, P2, or M.

Once your building has a designated fire code DJT Ltd can design a system to meet that specification.

Emergency Lighting

BS5266 covers Emergency Lighting in the UK, and outlines the requirements for light levels in order to evacuate abuilding in the event of a loss of power.
This lighting must be tested to ensure it not only operates correctly, but also meets the lighting requirements of the Regulations.

After a brief survey of your building and what it is being utilised for, DJT Ltd can design a system to meet your needs, or test the system in place and issue a BS5266 Certificate for insurance purposes.

Contact US:

Unit 28
Appin Road
Argyle Trading Estate
CH41 9HH

Tel: 0151 342 2985
Mob: 07747 337 685

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.